Must you’ve utilized for the US eternal residency by means of any route, you presumably could be a part of your accomplice overseas even sooner than your software program is granted. Nonetheless how? You’ll have to make use of for a Okay-3 visa. On this publish, you’ll uncover a wonderful reply to the question, “What’s a K3 visa?”
A K3 Visa endorses the accomplice of a US citizen to stay throughout the States briefly whereas able to get their inexperienced card. It’s a nonimmigrant visa that lets you hold collectively along with your accomplice throughout the United States until USCIS grants you eternal residency.
How Prolonged is a K3 Visa Authentic For?
A Okay-3 visa lets you hold in america collectively along with your accomplice for two years. Inside this period, your permanent residence software program would have been decided. If accepted, you may acquire your inexperienced card and would possibly reside throughout the US for as long as you want.
How Prolonged Does a K3 Visa Take to Course of?
A K3 Visa does not have a specific processing time, as a result of it varies counting on specific particular person circumstances. It usually takes not lower than 4 months to course of and will require a wait time of as a lot as 16 months.
What are the Paperwork Wished for a K3 Visa?
There are a few documentation requirements for the United States K-3 visa, as listed beneath:
- Form DS-160 affirmation internet web page
- Authentic passport
- Two pictures of you, sized at 2″ x 2″
- Proof of relationship with a US citizen who’s your citizen
- Genuine and licensed copies of your civil paperwork. These embrace your supply certificates, marriage certificates to a US citizen, along with the divorce or demise certificates of your earlier accomplice (if any)
- Proof of financial help, similar to your newest bank statement
- Police clearance certificates from the nation the place you now reside and totally different nations you’ve lived for not lower than six months since age 16
- Medical examination research
- Proof of vaccination (Counting on the place you’re from)
- Proof of visa fee price
Keep in mind that you just, your accomplice throughout the US, and your children making use of for K4 visas ought to keep the above-mentioned paperwork to their visa interview.
How Rather a lot Does It Worth To File A K3?
The application fee for a United States K-3 visa is $265 and is non-refundable beneath all circumstances. No matter the place you’re from, it’s a must to pay the worth sooner than USCIS will start your visa processing.
Can I Work throughout the US With a K3 Visa?
No, holding a Okay-3 visa does not authorize you to work in america. Nonetheless, you presumably can file an employment authorization with the US Citizenship and Immigration Corporations. You’ll have to complete Form I-765 and pay a submitting worth of $410, which you may be exempt from paying.
Is K3 the Related as a Spousal Visa?
No, america Okay-3 visa differs from a spousal (IR1/CR1) visa. Whereas K3 is a nonimmigrant visa for spouses of US residents, a CR1 visa is an immigrant visa for spouses of US residents. A K3 visa lets you hold briefly in america until you get your inexperienced card. In distinction, a CR1 visa lets you transform a US eternal resident and be a part of your accomplice overseas.