For individuals who could possibly be touring by considered one of many worldwide areas inside the Schengen Area, you are required to get a Schengen transit visa as a licensed switch.
The 26” worldwide areas in Schengen Area embrace the Netherlands, Lithuania, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, France, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Luxembourg, Finland, Malta, Portugal, Latvia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Estonia, Sweden, Greece, Poland, Belgium, Hungary, Norway, and Iceland.
With a reputable Schengen transit visa, you can go by worldwide areas in Schengen Area for a quick interval. You need to present your aim for getting the type of visa when making use of for it.
To qualify for a Schengen transit visa, you’ll want to meet specific requirements, akin to possessing a reputable passport. In addition to, you’ll want to moreover journey by a Schengen Area nation to a non-Schengen Area nation or one different nation inside the Schengen Area.
Be taught additional regarding the Schengen transit visa, its requirements, value, and software program steps.
What’s a Schengen transit visa?
A Schengen transit visa is a type of visa that permits foreigners to journey by a country inside the Schengen Area whereas on a go to.
The Schengen Area consists of “26” European worldwide areas that don’t have a restriction for entry and exit at their widespread borders.
Schengen transit visa requirements
In case you might be planning to journey by any of the worldwide areas inside the Schengen Area, you’ll want to qualify for a Schengen transit visa. The requirements for the type of visa vary relying in your trip spot nation.
Here is a guidelines of the requirements to satisfy to get a Schengen transit visa.
- Crammed out the making use of sort for Schengen A-Visa
- A sound journey doc or passport should have as a lot as 2 pages for visa stamps when touring by a Schengen Area nation to your trip spot. Understand that your passport ought to have a validity interval of a minimal of three months.
- Two (2) footage that correspond with Schengen requirements
- Proof of Schengen visa cost price, which costs as a lot as €80
- Visa for the nation the place you are heading to (in case a visa is required on the port of entry)
- Earlier visas’ copies (offered that compulsory)
- Current proof of journey insurance coverage protection
- A return flight ticket
- Biometric info (with an exemption for teenagers, authorities officers, and handicapped people)
- You wrote a cover letter to the embassy or consulate. In spite of everything, the letter should elaborate in your time of go to, plans for lodging, and aim of journey.
Schengen transit visa cost
To get this visa, you’ll want to pay an software program cost of about €80. However, the making use of cost for the visa varies counting on the nation.
The cost is charged to financial controls and surveillance of borders. Take observe that that you could pay the cost in cash upon arrival on the Schengen Area nation.
Schengen transit visa processing time
The processing time for the type of transit visa is completely completely different, because it might vary counting on the embassy or consulate processing your software program. As a result of this, we advise that you just simply full and submit your software program inside two weeks of when you need to journey.
Usually, the visa’s processing time is spherical 15 days.
One of the simplest ways to use for a Schengen transit visa
Due to this fact, the following are the steps to make use of for this transit visa.
- Evaluation the embassy or consulate location of the Schengen Area nation
- Apply for the visa after arriving inside the nation
- Await visa processing by the embassy or consulate
STEP 1: Evaluation the embassy or consulate location of the Schengen Area nation
Positively, you’ll want to first evaluation the location of the embassy or consulate inside the nation the place you’ll want to apply for its transit visa.
This will make it very easy to be able to plan your journey.
STEP 2: Apply for the visa after arriving inside the nation
The second step in getting a transit visa to let you journey by a Schengen Area nation contains starting your journey.
Upon arrival to the Schengen Area nation, you’ll want to uncover your resolution to the embassy or consulate to make use of for the visa.
STEP 3: Await visa processing by the embassy or consulate
After ending the making use of course of for the transit visa, that you could allow a short time. The embassy or consulate will assess and course of your software program all through this time.
Exemptions for Schengen Airport Transit Visa
In case you’re a traveler beneath any of the following lessons, you are exempted from making use of for this transit visa.
- Vacationers who possess a diplomatic passport
- Third-country nationals who’ve reputable American, Canadian, or Japanese visas. You could be moreover eligible beneath this class in case you’re a returnee of any of these worldwide areas
- People who’re third-country nationals with a reputable residence enable or visa for any of the 26 Schengen Area worldwide areas, the European Union, or European Monetary Area nation
- Third-country nationals who possess a reputable American, Japanese, Canadian, Andorran, or San Marinese residence enable
- People who keep a reputable residence enable, nationwide long-stay visa, or a uniform visa of any of the Schengen Area nation
- Relations of a person who’s a citizen of the Union as well-known inside the Visa Code: Article 1(2)(a)
- People whose occupation is a flight crew and who’re on obligation. Moreover, this requires you to be a nationwide of a contracting Get collectively to the Chicago Convention on Worldwide Civil Aviation (ICAO)
Worldwide areas whose nationals ought to get a Schengen transit visa
Beneath is an inventory of countries whose residents ought to obtain a transit visa.
- Central African Republic
- Dominican Republic
- South Sudan
- Sierra Leone
- Guinea Bissau
- The Gambia
- Côte D’Ivoire
Schengen Area worldwide areas that do not require a transit visa to journey by them
You don’t have to make use of for a transit visa in case you propose to journey to your trip spot nation by the following Schengen Area worldwide areas. Other than, you proceed to should obtain a visa to your trip spot nation.
See moreover: Jordan visa on arrival
Steadily Requested Questions
How prolonged does a Schengen transit visa software program take to course of?
The processing time for a Schengen transit visa software program normally varies on the embassy or consulate the place you full the making use of course of. However, your complete course of should sometimes take 15 days.
Do I need a transit visa to journey by Schengen Area?
It would rely in your state of affairs. Actually, a transit visa is non-compulsory to journey by a Schengen Area nation apart from in case you propose to stay inside the airport for not more than 24 hours with out leaving its premises.
Furthermore, it is best to affirm whether or not or not the embassy or consulate of the nation you’ll want to journey by requires a reputable transit visa.
Who needs a Schengen transit visa?
A Schengen transit visa is required by residents of specific worldwide areas who’re passing by a Schengen Area nation on the way in which through which to a country in a non-Schengen Area.
Do I need a transit visa for the UK if I’ve a Schengen visa?
No, you do not need a transit visa for the UK since you keep a reputable Schengen visa. With a Schengen visa, you can journey all through the 26 worldwide areas in Schengen Area.
Undoubtedly, the UK simply is not inclusive of these worldwide areas nonetheless is an EU member. Subsequently, in case you nonetheless have a reputable Schengen visa, you can journey to the UK with out additional functions.
Is a Schengen visa wished for transit in Amsterdam?
In case you aren’t a citizen of a country inside the Schengen Area, you need a reputable visa to journey by Amsterdam, the Netherlands. As such, a Schengen visa will enable free movement inside 26 worldwide areas inside the Schengen Area.
The place do I apply for a Schengen transit visa?
The one place you can apply for this transit visa is the embassy or consulate you are touring by to your trip spot nation. Nonetheless, in actual fact, this suggests there is only one resolution to use for this transit visa.
Can a Schengen transit visa be denied?
Certain, a Schengen transit visa could possibly be denied. This can be on account of the applicant should fulfill the requirements, akin to having a reputable visa for the holiday spot nation.
In conclusion, a Schengen transit visa can authorize you to journey by a country in Schengen Area with out requiring additional visas to attain your trip spot nation. So just remember to get a Schengen transit visa in case you might be touring by considered one of many worldwide areas inside the Schengen area, apart from when there could also be an exemption for you.
Above all, it is easy to get and would not require lots paperwork, making it glorious for vacationers with a lot much less time to complete their journey.
Thanks for learning this textual content! You would possibly share together with your family members and associates on WhatsApp, Twitter, and completely different social media websites.